Today I worked on a new rendition of The Granny Quilt Tree (see post #41 for the original). I had mentioned that I loved the original idea, but because I was figuring it out as I went, there were changes I would make if I were to create it again.
These were my mental notes:
– Pay more attention to the background. Create land. Maybe moonlight?
– Lose the leaves. They are not necessary.
– Create quilt squares on the branches instead of color splotches.
– Shade the tree to create depth and dimension.
– Maybe add a yarn ball as if the tree had just finished being crocheted?
I set to work this morning with these ideas in mind and I pretty much accomplished them. Now the control freak in me can rest and move on! Plus, the only thing better than a granny quilt tree is two granny quilt trees!
Like me on Facebook: Be Creative Mary